Welcome to Morley Community Church
We are one of the newest Morley churches, launched in January 2000. The church is based at Fountain Primary School, Fountain Street, Morley, West Yorkshire, UK but also meets at other venues around the town. We are a local Morley church of people who believe the gospel and want to share it with others. The church is a member of the Evangelical Fellowship of Congregational Churches.
We are evangelical. Our position is mainstream Chrisitanity, we believe the Bible is entirely trustworthy and reliable and want to proclaim its message.
We are congregational. The church is self governing with members having an important part in running and organising its affairs.
We are Baptist. We encourage Christians to publicly declare their faith in baptism by full immersion.
Service. Our main Sunday Service is held at 10am in Fountain Primary School… details
Pastor: Stephen Wright
Our Mission: Sharing the love of Jesus, helping people, nurturing the church
EVS Volunteers: If you are interested in working as a volunteer with Morley Community Church as part of the EVS programme please make your initial applications to our partner Time For God www.timeforgod.org
Morley Community Church News
From 24 February to 5 March a team of 8 students from Capernwary College assisted us with an outreach programme. During the 10 days the students:
- Ran a charity stall for Leeds City Mission in Queen Street along with a charity Shoe Shine and the distribution of Christian Literature to shoppers.
- Led and spoke at our church services and also ran services at Batley Pentecostal Church and Newlands Methodist Church.
- Assisted us with normal church activities including Fountain Tots and YSix.
- Delivered 17 performances of the Pilgrims Progress Bible Exhibition at Fountain, Seven Hill, Victoria, Newlands, St Francis, Asquith, Queenswood and Birstall primary schools assisted by Allan Peel from the Open Air Mission.
- Visited various Coffee Mornings around the town to talk to older people and delivered a Pensioners Lunch in the Labour Rooms. The team also led a Farewell Service and tea at Jubilee Court.
- Delivered 1000 copies of the Good News Newspaper to homes in Morley.
The students visited for a planning weekend on 28 & 29 January and were welcomed to the town by the Mayor.
Harry Stanton went to be with the Lord on 11 January 2017 following a period of illness. Harry joined the church after first making contact at a pensioners lunch run by a Capernwray team and was a faithful attender at all subsequent meetings and a good friend to all; he will be missed. On Monday 13 February we held a farewell service for him at Newlands Methodist Church followed by the committal at Cottingley Crematorium.
Working in conjunction with Morley Elderly Action the church has distributed Day One Living Word Calendars to many of the older people living in the town.
At 5pm on Sunday 11 December the Annexe was full with standing room only as visitors to church were treated to a German Nativity Play which was acted by adults with a real live baby as the infant child Jesus. The play Wurzener Krippenspiel was translated from the german original by church Gap Year Worker Johanna Schmidt who also directed the event.
There are further pictures of the event on the 13 December 2016 church Facebook page.
On Remembrance Sunday (13 November 2016) Johanna & Khrystyna laid wreaths at the Morley and Tingey war memorials.
With Andrea Jenkyns MP
Read more about it in the TFG newsletter under ‘EVS News’
On Friday 11 November a 7.30pm the Ladies Fellowship held a Chocolate Evening in the Annexe at Fountain Primary School.
During the evening there were demonstrations on how to make different types of chocolates and then all participants had an opportunity to make a small box selection to take home..