Welcome to Morley Community Church
We are one of the newest Morley churches, launched in January 2000. The church is based at Fountain Primary School, Fountain Street, Morley, West Yorkshire, UK but also meets at other venues around the town. We are a local Morley church of people who believe the gospel and want to share it with others. The church is a member of the Evangelical Fellowship of Congregational Churches.
We are evangelical. Our position is mainstream Chrisitanity, we believe the Bible is entirely trustworthy and reliable and want to proclaim its message.
We are congregational. The church is self governing with members having an important part in running and organising its affairs.
We are Baptist. We encourage Christians to publicly declare their faith in baptism by full immersion.
Service. Our main Sunday Service is held at 10am in Fountain Primary School… details
Pastor: Stephen Wright
Our Mission: Sharing the love of Jesus, helping people, nurturing the church
EVS Volunteers: If you are interested in working as a volunteer with Morley Community Church as part of the EVS programme please make your initial applications to our partner Time For God www.timeforgod.org
Morley Community Church News
The Battle of The Somme Banner (see News Entry of 29 June 2015) and the ladies from Morley Elderly Action Craft Group who created it.
On Saturday 18 June we held an Away Day at the Methodist Lakeside Centre at Newmillerdam. This was a time of fellowship and reflection with opportunity to review recent church activities and plan for the future.
In the week leading up to Pentecost we organised a series of additional prayer meetings with a special devotional booklet concentrating our thoughts and prayers.
On Sunday 15 May 2016 we joined with other Morley Churches to celebrate Pentecost in the Park; the event was held in Scatcherd Park and involved a time of praise and worship.
On the mornings of Tuesday 12 – Friday 15 April 2016 we ran a holiday club for children aged 7-11 years at the Wesley Playhouse in Howden Clough. The activities, following the ‘Run the Race’ theme, were organised for us by Claudine Uwizeye. The week concluded with a special Family Breakfast and Prizegiving Craft Cafe at 10am on Sunday 17 April in the Annexe at Fountain Primary School.
Claudine also ran a similar Holiday Club at Newlands Methodist Church on the afternoons of Monday 11, Tuesday 12, Thursday 14 and Friday 15 April from 2 to 4pm.
On Thursday 24 March we held a Passover Meal in the Annexe at Fountain Primary School.
On Good Friday we joined with other Morley Churches for a Walk of Witness through the town. Steve gave the address at the service in Windsor Court.
From 26 February to 6 March a team of 7 students from Capernwary College assisted us with an outreach programme. During the 10 days the students:
- Ran a charity stall for Leeds City Mission in Queen Street along with a charity Shoe Shine and the distribution of Christian Literature to shoppers.
- Led and spoke at our church services and also ran services at Batley Pentecostal Church, Newlands Methodist Church and Birstall Community Church
- Assisted us with normal church activities including a Family Craft Cafe, SYS, Fountain Tots and YSix.
- Delivered 15 performances of the Amazing Acts Bible Exhibition at Fountain, Seven Hill, Victoria, Asquith, Queenswood, Birstall and Armley primary schools assisted by Alan Peel from the Open Air Mission.
- Visited various Coffee Mornings around the town to talk to older people and delivered a Pensioners Lunch in the Labour Rooms attended by more than 60 guests. The team also led a Farewell Service and tea at Jubilee Court.
- Delivered 2500 copies of the Day One Living Word Calendar to homes in Morley.
Capernwray students with Anneke, Anastasiia and Councillor Judith Elliott when they visited for a planning weekend on 30 and 31 January.
Leeds City Mission Charity Stall
Charity Shoe Shine
Delivering Day One Living Word Calendars to homes in Morley
Amazing Acts Bible Exhibition
Leading the morning service at Morley Community Church